Esfuérzate y se valiente

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Start with what you have, not with what you are missing

Today I'm going to be sharing a little more of what I have read on the book that I mentioned before. Just a little update, second day of insurance training, by the second hour I was falling asleep. Sorry, too much information, too much talking. I was falling asleep...a friend actually fell asleep, not slightly, but profoundly. It is interesting, but it's a lot of information and after 2 hours of hearing the trainer talk...well...we are only humans. No test until January. They gave me my schedule for the next two weeks and there is no test scheduled, unless it's after work hours, which I doubt. Now they have requested us to do first person interpreting instead of third, so I am going to feel really, really, really stupid. You wouldn't believe what these spanish speaking people say, and now I would have to interpret it and it's going to sound like if I am saying it, not them. I guess the client should know, but still, I'll feel stupid. Later, some other day I will write the second part of the scenarios, in which I will write about what the LEP says. If you thought the clients comments were funny, wait till you read about the other side of the conversation.

Now to a segment that I liked on the book:

God has given you all you need to start creating your future. Nevertheless, a lot of us find ourselves saying: "If I only had this...maybe if this was different...if I had more money, I could do all God wants me to do", while we don't look at the seeds God has already planted inside us. People always exaggerate the importance of the things they don't have.

Don't allow what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can . Don't wait until extraordinary circumstances to do something good, do it on common situations.

True greatness is to show excellence on everything, even small things. Nobody is going to be truly happy until you learn how to get benefits of what you already have and stop worrying of what you don't have. You'll never reach greater accomplishments, unless you take the chance even before being ready. Nobody reaches success while waiting for all the conditions to be "ideal". The Bible says on Ecclesiastes 11:4 "Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap". If you wait always until the conditions are perfect, maybe you'll never get anywhere. Just do it...with what you have.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home