Esfuérzate y se valiente

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Coming back after a few days...

Well I took a few days off from writing on the blog. Over the weekend, I was enjoying my two days off. I went and did some shopping, which drives me crazy. But I did it anyways and got a few gifts. At work I'm participating on the "secret santa" gift giving, so I was trying to find something for the guy I'm supposed to give a gift to. I found something for him, but I still have one more gift to go, which is when I'm going to let him know it was me; that is on X-mas week. I already received my first gift, 2 still to go. I think I know who it is, she doesn't know how to disguise it. She was asking me all kinds of questions...we'll see.

On Sunday I went to church, my pastor didn't preach but another pastor from Houston, TX did. He was Mexican and for some reason, he kept reminding me of our LEP's at work, I guess it was the accent. He preached about Hebrews 11:13, 22. "They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance". Even if circumstances seem totally against you, or against what you know God has promised, you still need to believe. I was thinking about it, these people died without seeing the promised land, Moses who took the Israelites out of Egypt, couldn't go into the promised land, but they kept their faith. Is hard sometimes to keep faith when everything seems to be against you or circumstances seem totally out of control, but that is the beauty of faith. Knowing that whatever the situation, God is in control, even if it doesn't feel or seem like it. We can be sure of what we are hoping for, through Christ.

Yesterday I didn't go to work, I wasn't feeling very well. Today I did go, and to my surprise I had to mentor a new hire, so I didn't have to interpret today, just listen to her. And then I had my first day of insurance training. We are looking at all the auto coverages so far. We haven't gotten to auto parts yet. Let see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home