Esfuérzate y se valiente

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Thank you God

Well for those of you who were praying for me for the test, I had it today and I passed...thank you God!!!. I was the first to do it from my center, the other two people that did it after me today, unfortunately didn't pass it. Others are going to be tested between tomorrow and friday, I do hope they pass it. I was very nervous (I think that is normal), but the person performing the test was extremely nice. He called me from company headquarters in Monterey, CA, and did the testing over-the-phone. I thought that I hadn't performed as well, but he told me that I did very good. There were so many words in my mind both in english and spanish...but I thank God, to Him be all the glory. I had more difficulty from spanish to english, he gave a random set of words and I had to interpret each one right away, and then he did a scenario, like if it was a call. You have to try to get your nerves under control in order to be able to think and interpret what they are saying.

Some words I learned studying for this:
Insurance: Cruise control, bucket seats, class action lawsuit, dipstick, loss of use coverage, mag. rims, malpractice insurance, joyride, scrap value, semi, tow bar.
Finance: Cashless hold, cashless sale, common and preferred stocks, currency conversion loss, hardship provisions, securities, vested and fully vested, balloon mortgage, reallocate.
Medical: amniotic liquid, blood in stools, bowel movement, embryo, heart murmur, jaundice, node, spleen, tubal ligation.

These are just a very few of the words. Before I wouldn't know how to say them in spanish. Now I do.

Thank you all for your prayers!!!!

2 Comments:

  • That's great, M.G., I'm happy for you! I kind of knew you'd pass. You have better English than many of my English-speaking friends. By the way, how do you say bowel movement in Spanish? (just in case I ever need to know)

    By Blogger Micah, at 8:33 AM  

  • Thanks Micah! As for bowel movement (I kind of knew that of all the words you had to ask this one) the higher register which is the one we have to use on the calls can be "evacuacion" or "defecacion", the lower register, because sometimes the spanish speaking people we deal with are very uneducated and are not familiar with those terms (even in spanish) is "hacer pupu".

    By Blogger Mary Gaby, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home