Esfuérzate y se valiente

Friday, March 31, 2006

At the beach


These were pictures taken at the beach...I went with my family and some friends for carnivals here in Panama. I had a really great time. This place is called "Isla Grande" which means "Big Island". Every year for carnivals my brother rents a house to go to Isla Grande, he practices windsurfing so it gives him a chance, since it's summer here in Panama, to windsurf. The tide was high and the sea wasn't as calm, the sun came out for a while and then it was cloudy for a while and that is the way it was all days, but all in all it was great just to get away from the city and from your normal activities for a few days.

In this first picture it's my mom, my two sisters in law, my niece and myself.










Mom, me and Claireth. Because of the sun you won't be able to see us very well. But look at the beautiful background, God is indeed the best artist there is. I love the sea.



The following set of pictures are of myself, my mom and Claireth.

Here we are at a small pier that it's abandoned. It seems the property belonged to a french man who was remodeling everything for tourism and he died suddenly, I don't know exactly from what. Now everything is abandoned, what he worked so hard to build...pity.




















A look at the beach






Me and my niece.


















I do not know what my sister in law was trying to capture here in this picture...what she did manage to do was to behead me...what's up with that??? Not very nice of her :-(




















At nights we played several games like Scrabble, Double Dominos and this one that you'll see in the next couple of pictures it's called Spoon. It was great, it was the first time I played it but it's definitely a keeper. After we all learned how to play it then everyone wanted to play it the following night again.















It is a game in which after a few seconds of playing it your heart starts racing so fast you think it's going to come out. It was fuuunnn!! The lady next to me and the man next to her are the directors of Campus Crusade for Christ here in Panama, Lionzo and Mary Diaz. Wonderful people of God.

They were the ones that taught us the game. We played two nights and I am proud to say that I was the winner on the first night. I beat none other than my brother...and let me tell you something...he hates loosing...hehehe. So it was all guys and only two girls and I won...it felt good. Sadly on the second night I did not win, my dad beat me....ggrrr. Maybe someday I'll write here how it is played.















A look at the house we stayed in. It belongs to an american and his panamanian wife. They were staying upstairs while we were staying downstairs. Another friend...Farit.




Going back. To get to the island you have to cross on a small motor boat and viceversa when you are going back to the mainland. Here I had already left since I had to work so I left a day before.





Arriving at the other side. You can see the island we were staying at, in the back.







The sun setting down.

2 Comments:

  • The hat looks good on you! (even though it's a Yankee hat.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • don't you mean specially because it is? Hehehehe. Thanks! I loved it.

    By Blogger Mary Gaby, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home