Esfuérzate y se valiente

Saturday, April 02, 2005

It's the only thing on all the channels

Every local channel and even some international channels that you tune in are talking about the pope. First that he was dying and when he did, it was even worst. Everybody remembers him, respects him, loves him...I wonder if they remember Jesus at all? And why are they crying so much if supposedly he went to heaven? I would be happy and relieved that he has rested from his sickness and finally has gone to the presence of God. But since they don't know...they cry and they mourn. I do not like to see so many people worshiping a man, and just a man. And of course along with talk about him, inevitably comes the talk about Mary and that she is receiving him in heaven. There are so many virgins and saints that Catholics worship, that they forget about the one and only one. Jesus. He is the only Way, the only Truth, the only Life. He is not one of the ways, but the Way; not one of the truths, but the Truth; not one of the lives, but the Life.

When my dad got home I told him "the pope died" and he goes "I know I heard, he was a good man and he is probably in heaven". I said then "you don't know that, only if he accepted Jesus", he goes like "how can you say that, he is a saint, he was so good, he was the leader of the church". I probably rolled my eyes I don't remember, and said "remember that is not by works, or by how good we are, if that was the case why would we need Jesus then?". Then he didn't tell me anything else. People still think that it is all about us. It has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with Jesus.

One of the things that upsets me the most is the idolatry within the catholic church. They worship so many "saints" and "virgins". And they give such an important place to Mary. Tell me about it that I live on a mostly catholic society. People tell kids when they are misbehaving: "don't do that, if you do God is going to punish you!". And they say "let's ask the Virgin so that she can ask her son". They put in you the idea that God is bad or hard and that he is going to punish you. And that one of the ways to get to Jesus or God is if you pray to Mary, she will soften him and then he'll listen to your prayer. It's sickening. The Bible says that "my people perish because of lack of knowledge", and it's true. Do they really believe that this man was better than any of us? He was like any of us, but they have elevated him to an idol.

When I was watching the news they were saying that in approximately 15 days we'll know who the new pope is going to be, then they started mentioning the cardinals that are candidates and said that there is one that is Jewish and if he makes it he will be the first Jewish pope besides saint Peter...I thought "Peter must be clenching his jaw in Heaven". Where in the Bible says that Peter was the first pope? where is the word pope mentioned in the Bible?.

Let me end it here because once I get started I get carried away.

2 Comments:

  • Good post, M.G. It's been a good reminder that nobody is SOOOOOOOO good that God HAS to save them. Grace alone, faith alone, Christ alone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 AM  

  • Thanks! Everything to do with Jesus! :-)

    By Blogger Mary Gaby, at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home