Esfuérzate y se valiente

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Summer is coming to an end

Contrary to other countries where summer hasn't even arrived yet and where spring is slowly coming into their lives, here in Panama summer is coming to an end. Maybe a little more time, but soon to be over. I still have one more chance to got to the beach and that is on Easter. I had asked for the 25th off, unfortunately I wasn't given the day off. I am still trying to see if the rest of the family can go by car like on Wednesday and me take a small plane to Bocas, which is around like a 45 minute flight, on Friday. I hope this time I can go.

I've been very well. Working and working, getting used to my new calls. This week I saw a glimpse of what I will be earning and I am very pleased...for the time being. Today I went to church and as always I was touched by His marvelous word. My pastor is preaching a series of messages regarding the different laws that you can find in life. He says that the same way there are natural laws, like the law of gravity for example, where if you drop something is going to fall, because that is the law of gravity. There are also spiritual laws, like if you give you'll receive. If you break these laws either on the natural or on the spiritual, there are going to be consequences. It was very interesting.

I am praying for God to give me a strategy of getting together with other Christians at work and see how can we effectively share more of Jesus with co-workers. There are other 2 Christians that I know of at work. It is a little difficult in our type of job, because we all have breaks and lunch at different times. It's not like in a normal job, where everyone starts at 7:00 a.m. and gets out at 4:00 p.m., and have lunch at 12:00 p.m. Nope...we all start at different hours, have breaks and lunch at different hours also. But I know God will give us a way, He always does. I will talk to them, so that we can start praying.

Today at church I saw a group of friends I hadn't seen in a while. It was a pleasure. I really love them. Now I am going to be a little more free during the weekends, because I have decided that God granted me this raise and allowed me to pass the test so that I wouldn't be missing church so much. I was always doing overtime and trying to earn more so that I could help my family, but now I am going to be earning what I used to make with overtime and all, so I can skip the overtime or I can put in a few hours of OT once in a while, but not as much as I used to. So we agreed that we are going out again and spending time as we used to. God is so good!

Imagine that now I am going to be helping a friend with his English. He is taking an English course but he wants help outside classes, and he is going to pay me. Can you imagine that?? God is indeed faithful. So now I will have a little income besides what I earn at work. I can really say that God does not forget about us, even if people seem to forget about you, God doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home