Esfuérzate y se valiente

Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's so nice to see that

Today at church it was so nice to see this family. It was the parents and their 3 children. Two boys and a girl. They were like 16, 17, more & less. The father was sitting in between the two boys and all of a sudden, "dad" put his arm around the two boys and they looked so comfortable with their dad. I thought it was cute because at that age, children sometimes don't even want to be seen with their parents, but here were these two teenagers very comfortable with their father. At one point one of then put his arm around "dad" also. It reminds you what a good parent can do and how he or she can influence, for good or for bad, their children.

For me, a good family can only truly be accomplished if Jesus is the center of that couple and of that family. I hope one day God gives me the opportunity of having such a family, so that together we can worship Him and exalt Him. I don't think I ever passed through that stage in which I didn't want anything to do with my parents. I still have a good relationship with them. Do we have arguments? Of course, we are different. But I love them very much and I respect them. Specially mom, she is steadfast on her faith, a great example to me and we are like best friends.

Thank you God because there are still parents that we can look up to. That have You as their anchor, as their lamp, as their redeemer, as their savior. I believe there isn't anything more beautiful than to see a family working towards a common end. Parents and children together. When you can see unity, love, compassion, understanding among them. It's so nice to see that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home