Esfuérzate y se valiente

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Micah, which means I have to choose 5 occupations from the list below and give my answers and then tag 3 other people to give their answers on their blog.

The Questions:
If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

My Answers:

If I could be a linguist...I would study as many languages as possible and try to share the Jesus that I know with the people who speak these languages. Also if I could translate the Bible into their language if it hasn't been done before, I would certainly try. I am not a linguist, I am far from that, but it is the closest to what I am doing right now which is an interpreter and I enjoy what I do very much.

If I could be a astronaut...I would just enjoy the discovery. The being to see and marvel at God's perfect creation. I am sure it would be awe-inspiring. I am already awed by the creation I can see right now, imagine seeing a little more of this vast universe?

If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...I would try to perform the justice needed to the best of my ability and knowlegde. I wouldn't let myself be bribed or bought, a practice that is very common in my country. Where it means that if you have enough money, many things can be lost, changed or simply disappear. I would try to fight corruption with everything I have available as a justice.

If I could be a writer...I would like to write something that would inspire people, give them hope, lift their spirits, let them know that not everything is lost, that things do happen for a reason. I think we have enough depressing writings out there to add one more.

If I could be a doctor...besides the usual of helping your patients have a healthy lifestyle and keep them as healthy as possible, I think I would study a lot. If you are a Christian and a doctor at the same time, I think there is a special understanding of God's creation, that a normal person wouldn't have unless you investigate. As a doctor you can marvel at the life provided by our blood, the composition of our blood and why is it so important to God, that without it we die. Every cell, vein, artery. When a doctor sees through a microscope and he sees the cells, the platelets, everything is so accurate, so precise, so exact. How our brains are so much better than a computer and how can it store so much information. How our eyes are like a lens and how they adjust to see near and far. How all our body parts are where they are supposed to be and how they complement each other. How a child is created and grows and nurtures in his mothers body. And all this is from my very limited perspective as I am not a doctor at all. And of course sharing what I've studied with others.

P.S. Arturo, I am tagging you so...como no tienes blog dame tus respuestas como un comentario o por e-mail.

2 Comments:

  • Whith your answer in the writer topic,You just described what I feel when I read your posts, so take out the "If I could"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Arturo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home